- 100g thin rice noodles
- ½ telegraph cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 handfuls bean sprouts
- 3-4 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp light-flavoured olive oil
- 2 tsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Soak thin rice noodles in hot water for 2 mins or until soft, rinse under cold water and drain.
- Combine noodles, cucumber, capsicum, coriander and bean sprouts in a large bowl.
- To make sauce, combine shallots, ginger and salt in a glass or ceramic bowl. Heat up olive oil in saucepan until hot (90°C-100°C), then pour it over the mixture. The sizzling sound is a sign of the hot oil cooking the ginger and shallots to mellow the flavours. Add soy sauce and honey to the sauce mixture. If you prefer a bolder flavour, mix all sauce ingredients together without heating olive oil and set aside for an hour.
- Pour 2/3 of the sauce into the noodle mixture and toss to combine. Add the remaining sauce to taste. Serve.