Soup dumplings are often pan fried. They can also be steamed or boiled. A burst of juicy soup is encountered when you take your first bite. It's perfect winter comfort food to warm you up.
- House of Goodness dumpling pastry mix. Prepare as per instructions on packet.
- 25g gelatin powder
150ml chicken soup or broth of choice
- 130g minced pork
- 1 green shallot
- 2cm ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- a pinch of ground pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Prepare dumpling dough. Roll out dough, and prepare skins (making sure they are covered with a damp cloth so they don't dry out).
- Prepare soup ingredients by mixing together until well combined and place in a shallow tray. Refrigerate until set (approx 1 hour). When it is set, slice up 1cm cubes and set aside.
- Mix together filling ingredients.
- Place a teaspoon of filling and a cube of soup onto the middle of your dumpling skins and wrap, ensuring they are tightly sealed so that the soup doesn't escape when cooking.