These sweet fried dumplings are a staple dish. They are very easy to make, filled with only 2 ingredients.
Be warned, they are addictive! 🤩🥟
- Make wonton dough as per instruction.
- Break down the crystallized ginger with a blender or finely chopped with a knife. Combine with desiccated coconut. Add the teaspoon of water and mix well to bind the filling.
- Place a pastry wrap on a clean work surface. Spoon 1 tsp of filling mixture into the centre of the wrapper. Fold into a moon shape and firmly twist and pinch edges together to enclose the filling and expel any air.
- Repeat with remaining filling mixture and wrappers.
- Fill a saucepan to about 1/3 capacity with the frying oil. Heat over high heat. Once the oil is hot (170°C or when a wooden spoon dipped into the oil forms small little bubbles) cook the dumplings until golden. Flip them a couple of times as they cook to ensure an even colour. Drain on kitchen paper.
Shop our Wonton Wrapper Mix here.