These noodles are so hearty and delicious! The red dough is made with beetroot juice and yellow dough is made by adding some turmeric. The cooked noodles are served in a flavorful clear broth, just like we serve longevity noodles in China.
- 1 pack of GF dumpling pastry mix
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Gluten free soy sauce
- Spring onion to garnish
- Chili sauce (optional)
To make the red dough substitute the water with cooked beetroot juice can also be from beetroot in can. To make the yellow dough make dough as per instruction and add 1 tsp of Turmeric spice.
- Prepare the dough as per instruction.
- Divide the dough into 4 even pieces and form balls.
- Run the dough through a pasta rolling machine and go directly to step 8 or...
- Dust the working surface. Press the dough into a flat disc. Roll with a rolling pin into a large, thin rectangle.
- Dust the dough sheet with plenty of flour. Roll and fold the long side like rolling a cinnamon bun, until it shapes a multi-layered long sheet.
- Slice along the short side with a sharp knife to make noodles The width of the noodle is flexible and you can cut according to your preference.
- Unfold the noodles and shake off extra flour.
- Align the noodles on the working surface or hang them on a rack to dry for 30 minute
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add noodles and immediately stir, so the noodles won’t stick to the bottom.
- Boil until the noodles are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Use tongs to transfer the noodles to a strainer. Flush with tap water to cool. Drain and transfer to serving bowls.
- You can now enjoy the noodles in a bowl of broth, top it with 1 to 2 tsp of gluten free soy sauce and garnish with chopped spring onion. Chili oil optional.
One packet generates 4 big servings or 8 small ones.
Shop our Dumpling Pastry Mix here.