Take your taste buds on a journey to the vibrant world of Asian cuisine with our Prawn Hargow Dumplings recipe. These delicious pockets of goodness combine the freshness of prawns with aromatic ingredients, folded in a delicate, translucent wrapper.
One packet of Crystal Pastry Mix
- 500g prawns, deveined, and patted dry
- 15g Chinese garlic chives chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of Rainbow Seaweed Flakes *optional
- Prepare Crystal dough as per packet instruction.
- Pick out 10 prawns and cut them in half. Crush and chop finely the rest.
- Chop 15g of the garlic chives.
- In a mixing bowl, combine prawn chunks, minced prawns, garlic chives and all the other ingredients for the filling.
- Divide the dough into small balls and cover them with a damp towel.
- Sprinkle some gluten free flour onto a work surface and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out until it is approximately 9 centimeters in diameter.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of filling into the center of the skin.
- Begin to make pleats on the right side and fold them in the same direction until all the skin has been sealed.
- Grease the bottom of your bamboo steamer with your favourite cooking oil.
- Transfer the dumpling bamboo steamer. Cover the bamboo steamer with a towel to keep the dumplings from drying out.
- Continue making additional dumplings until all dough/filling has been used.
- Steam the dumplings for 9-10 minutes and serve immediately with a gluten-free soy sauce or any other dipping sauce of choice.
(makes approx 40 dumplings)