Miso Eggplant Dip
Based on a Japanese plant based side dish (Nasu Dengaku), we've come up with a super umami miso eggplant dip. It's slightly sweet and salty from the miso paste creating an irresistible vegetable dip - putting a slight twist on your grazing board.
- 1 eggplant, roasted (either in the oven or over open flame)
- 1-2cm cube ginger, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- Green shallots, sliced finely for garnishing
- Roast eggplant either on an open flame (8010mins), or in the oven (20-30mins at 200C). Peel the skin off and take the flesh out.
- Blend together in a food processor until smooth (approx 1-2 minutes).
- Serve with crackers, veggie sticks or flatbread.