These canapés are so versatile, perfect for a snack or to entertain. Serve with Thai chicken larb, Vietnamese vermicelli salad, or make it a sweet treat!
INGREDIENTSprepared wonton dough HG wonton wrapper mix
250g chicken, minced
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 red eschalots, finely sliced
1 lemongrass stalk, finely sliced
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 Tbsp coconut aminos
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup mint leaves, finely shredded
1/4 cup coriander, finely shredded
1 Tbsp roasted jasmine rice
Thai Chicken Larb:
- Heat a pan on the stove and dry roast rice on medium heat (with no oil), stir rice and roast for 10-15mins until light golden. Allow to cool slightly, then grind in a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Heat oil on fry pan, stir fry chicken along with garlic, eschalots, lemongrass, kaffir lime and coconut sugar.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add coconut aminos, lime juice, and the herbs and ground roasted rice.
Preheat oven to 180C.
- Roll to 1-2mm thin. They do puff up so the thinner you make it, the more crisp it will be.
- Brush lightly with a little oil (both sides)
- Place in muffin baking tin and bake for 12mins. Take the tin out, flip the pastries over and bake for a further 5mins or until crisp.
- Serve with Thai chicken larb, or any filling of choice.
Other filling ideas: Vietnamese vermicelli, green curry chicken, Pekking duck, Nachos, Salsa, Chocolate mousse, banana nicecream