These wontons are the perfect blend of crunchy wrapper, juicy and tasty filling.
1 packet of Wonton Flour Mix
200g pork mince
100g peeled and deveined prawns, roughly chopped
1 bunch of finely chopped coriander
3 cloves of garlic, grated
1 thumb of ginger, grated
2 tsp GF soy sauce
1 tsp potato/tapioca starch
1 tsp sea salt
*oil for deep frying
1. Make wonton dough as per instruction.
2. Combine all ingredients until you obtain a well mixed, sticky filling.
3. Roll the dough and cut wrappers.
4. Place a wonton wrapper on a clean work surface. Spoon 1 tsp of filling mixture into the centre of the wrapper. Fold into a moon shape and firmly pinch edges together to enclose the filling and expel any air. Then pull the two edges together to form a wonton shape.
5. Repeat with remaining filling mixture and wrappers.
*You can freeze wontons at this stage or proceed to cooking.
6. Fill a saucepan to about 1/3 capacity with the frying oil. Heat over high heat. Once the oil is hot (165°C or when a wooden spoon dipped into the oil forms small little bubbles) cook the wontons until golden. Flip them a couple of times as they cook to ensure an even colour. Drain on kitchen paper.
Serve with some salad or steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Shop our Wonton Wrapper Mix here.